ON LOCATION LIVE RECORDING
GSAudio provides LIVE EVENT recording services. Location recordings can be simple stereo setups or can be high resolution multi-track recordings. Typical engagements range from solo performances, small ensembles, to large multi-group concerts and festivals. Clients have us record “live events with audience” or “locked out” sessions without audience. We use our access to many great sounding buildings around the world to attain great products for everyone. Combining custom built microphones, cables, preamps, and recorders reveals what we like about music in the first place!
I just crossed the 20 year mark of providing my clients with professional Live Recordings! With literally hundreds of CD/DVD projects completed successfully, I still really enjoy the challenge of capturing and producing great recordings in all kinds of intense live situations and acoustic atmospheres. I know that my staff and interns enjoy an inside look to my detailed preparations and hard fought battles to get good results and the “out in the real world” learning offered by this part of my business.
After the initial capture on location, data is imported into the studio computers and laid out across the Harrison console where the world is your oyster. Mixing and Mastering can be done in three ways; mix played back through the Harrison where analog inserts feeding analog mastering chains are employed, mix played back ‘in the box’ and treated with digital processors and plug ins inserted into Protools or SonicBlade, or a hybrid of both techniques using analog and digital at the same time. All formats, all resolutions, all file types are supported here. For most of our clients we do live recording, editing of “best of” takes, mixing, mastering, and file preparation for replication. Many of our clients also take advantage of our digital artwork and duplication services. Each project is bid individually so fill out the contact page with your project ideas to find out pricing.
GSAudio location recording has been completely repackaged and retooled for 2017! New recording equipment and new microphone packages will be provided for all projects large and small. We are beyond excited for everyone involved and thank everyone from all the companies involved. Blending the old equipment with the new has yielded my very best recordings so far and we are headed full steam into many great new projects.
GSAudio Location Recordings provides the following:
- Live Event Location Recording
- Stereo 2-track & Multi-track PCM/ DSD available
- New Equipment for 2017!
- Complete “work up” in studio system after initial recording included
- Complete Mixing and Mastering available for all projects
- Photography, Artwork Development, and Product Replication can be included in pricing and product development
The brand new studio was finished in late 2015! New techniques and exploring is still going on and is blowing our minds every day!
I have done many things in my life so far and this is certainly a highlight for me. I am humbled both by the amount of accumulated ideas I was able to include in the new studio designs and also the help that was afforded to me from staff, contractors, and friends to attain such a lofty and crazy goal. The studio console restoration, acoustics, equipment, and softwares implementation has turned out better than I could have dreamed in terms of sonics and efficiency.
The vintage restored Harrison console is simply amazing in both sound and ease of use and like a hot rod it breaks if you push it, so we push it and fix it happily….like a hot rod. Everyday I use it I am shocked that I didn’t have it when I was a young hotshot! Oh what I could have done with her! Now I want to remix everything I have ever done! Don’t we all!
The large collection of new and old microphones, all of the instruments that were modified and restored over the past 28 years and are now together in one place, is creatively inspiring in the new space. New and old audio shaping tools that I use to make the recordings really stand out and have some character are now right at hand. At this moment I am thankful every morning I open the studio door. It is really a special place now! Thanks to everyone!”
Special thanks must be given for the over the top efforts of Ms. Reding, Mr White, Mr Anderson, Mr Hobbs, Mr Haehn, Mr Engelsjerd, Mr Loucks & sons, and Mr Grover.
- We have hosted studio projects for 20+ years and together with clients we have produced hundreds of successful projects.
- Clients range from fine art organizations, solo artists, and a wide variety pop, rock and electronic music.
- Equipment includes the restored Harrison console that was used by engineer Steve Hodge while mixing for Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis at Flyte Tyme Studios. It is an amazing console beyond description here!
- New Avid ProTools with HD interfaces and professional hard drive arrays. Complete discrete analog pathways to/from Harrison console available with complete recall. Complete digital pathways for ITB mixing. Crane Song avocet II for listening on ATC 150/Bag End Stereo Subs for monitors.
- Shure, Sonodore, Telefunken, Josephsen, and Neumann microphones.
- Outboard gear from Crane Song, SPL, Neve, API, Tube Tech, Radial, Universal Audio, Weiss, Yamaha, TC Electronic, Quantec, Eventide, etc.
- The Rapco Custom Shop and GSA Tech has re-wired the entire facility.
Fill out the contact page with your project ideas and we will be in touch.
Gerry would like to thank:
Dick MaCalley, Gary Thielen at Harrison, Brad and Kerry at Rapco, Dave and Staff at Crane Song, Chris at Martin, Rens at Sonodore, Chris at Avid, Dean at the Bridge, MikeTech , Ryan at Shure Bros, Jason at Telefunken, and the Monroes.