ON LOCATION LIVE RECORDING
GSAudio provides LIVE EVENT recording services. Location recordings can be simple stereo setups or can be high resolution multi-track recordings. Typical engagements range from solo performances, small ensembles, to large multi-group concerts and festivals. Clients have us record “live events with audience” or “locked out” sessions without audience. We use our access to many great sounding buildings around the world to attain great products for everyone. Combining custom built microphones, cables, preamps, and recorders reveals what we like about music in the first place!
I just crossed the 30 year mark of providing my clients with professional Live Recordings! With literally hundreds of CD/DVD projects completed successfully, I still really enjoy the challenge of capturing and producing great recordings in all kinds of intense live situations and acoustic atmospheres. The staff and interns go thru detailed preparations and hard fought on-site battles to get good results and the “out in the real world” learning offered by this part of my business.
After the initial capture on location, data is imported into detailed templates in the studio computers. All formats, all resolutions, all file types are supported here. The majority of our clients hire us to perform edits and mix the live recordings. From there we can do noise removal, advanced editing, mixing, mastering, and file preparation for replication. Depending on the end product, we master specifically for each medium. This way, ITunes Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, and CDs all get processed independently with correct metadata and specific loudness levels being adhered to for each medium. Clients also take advantage of our design team that provides digital artwork and duplication services. To provide estimates on project fees just fill out the contact page with your project ideas and send to us.
GSAudio Location Recording is starting strong for 2019! This is the 30 year anniversary of business. The highest end recording equipment and extended microphone packages will be provided for all projects large and small. We are beyond excited for both our returning clients and new clients whose projects are starting. We have to thank everyone from all the vendors and support companies involved who helped make this happen. Blending the old equipment with the new has yielded my very best recordings so far and we are headed full steam into many great new projects.
GSAudio Location Recordings provides the following:
- Live Event Location Recording
- Stereo 2-track & Multi-track PCM/DSD available
- New Digital Audio Denmark Preamps in all systems.
- Complete “work up” in studio system after initial recording included
- Complete Mixing and Mastering available for all projects
- Photography, Artwork Development, and Product Replication can be included in pricing and product development
The new studio was finished in late 2015. Since that rebuild and some deep equipment modifications, I have been busy working on many diverse recording projects and also taking the time to experiment with some personal music projects. New techniques and system setups have been so amazing to listen to and I have now settled with a particular setup that sounds great and that eases recall of all settings. I am extremely satisfied with the solutions we have for all the new and old equipment to work together and it will really shine over the next several years of projects. You will see….
I have done many things in my life so far and this is certainly a highlight for me. I am humbled both by the amount of accumulated ideas I was able to include in the new studio designs and also the help that was afforded to me from staff, contractors, and friends to attain such a lofty and crazy goal. The studio console restoration, acoustics, equipment, and software implementations has turned out better than I could have dreamed in terms of sonics and efficiency. It makes me want to remix and remaster everything done before!……but don’t we all want to do that!
The large collection of new and old microphones, all of the instruments that were modified and restored over the past 30 years and are now together in one place, is creatively inspiring in the new space. New and old audio shaping tools that I use to make the recordings really stand out and have some character are now right at hand. At this moment I am thankful every morning I open the studio door. It is really a special place! Thanks to everyone!”
Special thanks must be given for the over the top efforts of all my staff and friends who made this happen.
- We have hosted studio projects for 20+ years and together with clients we have produced hundreds of successful projects.
- Clients range from fine art organizations, solo artists, and a wide variety pop, rock and electronic music.
- New Avid ProTools with MTRX interfaces and professional hard drive arrays. Digital Audio Denmark, AEA, CraneSong, SPL, and Harrison Series10 Preamps. Complete digital pathways for ITB mixing. Analog stems can be sent to multiple analog summing choices or a combination of both Digital and Analog for the widest possible audio color palette. Monitoring is via Crane Song Avocet II for listening on ATC 150Pro/Bag End Stereo Subs and NS10s for monitors.
- Shure, Sonodore, AEA, Coles, Telefunken, Sennheiser, AKG, Josephsen, and Neumann and many more microphones.
- Outboard gear from Crane Song, SPL, Neve, API, TubeTech, Radial, Universal Audio, Weiss, Yamaha, TC Electronic, Quantec, Eventide, etc.
- The Rapco Custom Shop and GSA Tech have re-wired the entire facility and it now includes copper, madi, midi, fibre, hdsdi, and dante wiring infrastructures.
- One of the largest midi Installations of noise making devices in the Midwest. All fired up and ready to record always and at all times. New instruments like the Solaris are here sitting beside the older units like the Synergy, all the Juno’s,DX7s, Korgs, and old Moog’s going back to the 70’s and all are ready to go. It took a lifetime to get this all sorted!
Fill out the contact page with your project ideas and we will be in touch.
Gerry would like to thank:
Dick McCalley, Gary Thielen at Harrison, Brad and Kerry at Rapco, Dave and Staff at Crane Song, Chris at Martin, Rens at Sonodore, Chris at Avid, Dean at the Bridge, Jeff at Savage, Ryan at Shure Bros, and the Monroes.